Wednesday, October 3, 2012

* The History of 'Lilly Gordon'.....from Sammye Kaye

My previous post titled 'Has Anybody Seen Lilly Gordon?' is a condensed version of a monologue written and performed by me for use during the month of October. For three years I performed this piece for various groups in a effort to heighten the awareness of Domestic Violence.
While watching the 4 o'clock news yesterday and seeing three back to back incidents of domestic violence occurring within less than 24 hours, I decided to allow the voice of 'Lilly Gordon' to be a part of my blog.
If this post can help just one woman make the decision to seek the help that is readily available through most local women's shelters and national hot lines, the voice of 'Lilly' will have once again served it's purpose.

~Sammye Kaye~

No comments:

Post a Comment