Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saved,,Single,,and Still Waiting On God? / A Woman's Perspective

I was shopping a few weeks ago in one of my favorite stores.  I shop there often enough for this particular sales person to recognize me when I enter the store. During the course of our conversation, she asked how my day was going. I answered by saying that I had just taken myself to a very nice lunch, and was now finishing my special day with a quick purchase for myself.

She surprised me by stating how much she would love to have the nerve to go to a restaurant alone to have a meal. I knew from an earlier conversation that this attractive, well dressed woman was my age. As I looked closer, I realized that she felt pretty strongly about this topic. She went on to say that she had been divorced over 20 years and she felt there was a stigma attached to a woman dining alone.

In the short time available, I encouraged her to start with breakfast, and slowly work her way up to dinner in a fine restaurant,,alone.

On the drive home, I flashed back to the first time I put on one of my favorite outfits; including sexy shoes,, and accessories, and took myself to dinner. On my way, I stopped by the bookstore and purchased a new book. I did not open the book, but I did take out my always present pad and pen to jot down a few story ideas.
Any looks that came my way, I assumed were because I looked, well,,,lovely.
The evening was very enjoyable.

The period of time that a woman is single can be one of the most meaningful times in her life.
A woman can choose just how she wants to spend this time.

She must first accept that she is at this point in her life,, for a reason....not as punishment.
She will have to trust God enough to seek contentment,,, where she is.
 It is not easy to be alone,,,there,, I said it again, and it is not a dirty word.
It is not a word that should bring feelings of disappointment and grief.

Real sadness is to be married,,and alone.

A time of singleness is a time to focus on the person you are, or perhaps the person you want to be.
Use this time to fully accept and understand that you are a whole person....just as you are.
Strive to make that person better,,,for God's purpose.

Again, it is not easy living in a society where being a real woman, means being a part of a couple.
A woman will often find herself feeling the need to justify why she is not married or in a committed relationship.
*Relationships and marriage demand hard work. Other women will sometimes try to build themselves up by constantly telling other women how great their marriage is.
 Remember,,,women who do have great marriages rarely feel the need to,,,,brag about it. It is what it is.


Even a confident, well established, successful woman can feel societal pressure that will threaten the core of who she is.

Take all of your feelings straight to God.
He understands and knows,,all there is to know about you

Use this time to fine tune your passions.
It is through your passions that you will find your purpose.(s)

Take the time to study God's word, in order to learn more about Him, and what He expects from you.

Fall deeply and unconditionally in love with yourself..
Only then will you recognize genuine love,,,when He finds you.

God will only provide the very best for his children..
Put away your calendar and wait patiently for Him to do just that.

Ask God for the desires of your heart..
Trust the fact that He loves you enough to always answer your prayers..
At just the right time..
In just the right way..
All,,according to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment