Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Fragments of Love.....Chapter 4 ~~Vanessa Departs~~ / A Story by Sammye Kaye

VANESSA CALUMET
~~the cruise~~

The days leading up to my departure were strained. Marcus and I managed to successfully avoid each other. We made love the night before he left for New York.  No matter what is going on in our lives, we have always been able to keep our passion flowing. Our libidos have always been in sync with each other. I must admit, there was almost a feeling of what ? Sadness?
I quickly pushed that thought aside.

I am excited about my trip. I have purposely kept my true feelings to myself. My mother acted as if someone had passed away. Na'nie Tia has been unusually quiet. Even Lena has been cautious regarding her comments.  I casually mentioned my trip to my children in order to avoid any questions that I had no intention of answering.  I even chose to drive myself to the dock and leave the car in the parking lot.

The cabin was beautiful. The fact that I was unable to get a refund for Marcus, never entered my mind.
My mother told me that I should at least be honest with myself, and admit that I wanted to go alone.
Okay, I will admit that,,fact.

I slept most of the first two days. I had no idea how tired I was. I actually missed a couple of meals.
The morning of the 3rd day found me rested and ready to enjoy this trip.
The people assigned to my table were all very nice. I was the only single person, and the seat assigned to Marcus remained empty. I simply refused to look at it.
The ease in which I moved around the ship was surprising to me. I have been a married woman for most of my life, but seriously, I felt anything but a married woman.
I drank, I danced, I did whatever I felt like doing..
The first week flew by. So far, I had enjoyed every moment of the trip.
 I did remember to e-mail Marcus three times during the first week.

I love music, and the band was awesome. I noticed the same very handsome man always sat in the same seat. He seemed to be alone. Our eyes had locked a couple of times and we both smiled.
Two nights before we were scheduled to return home, one of the band members asked the man if he would join them. He was an amazing drummer. I stood up and clapped loudly when he finished.
He came directly over to my table and asked if I enjoyed his ,,performance. We sat at my table and talked until the club closed for the morning. He had ordered wine and we finished off a couple of bottles..

I remember how nice,,and naughty,, his first passionate kiss was. We ended up going back to my cabin.
The sex was hot and forceful; almost,, rough. But apparently not too rough for me to stop.
We spent the last two days in my cabin,,in bed,,,drinking and having sex.

Finally, it was time to prepare to leave the ship. He left the room and I ran a long overdue bath.
When I eased into the hot water, I immediately felt stinging, almost burning sensations over the lower region of my body.
I suddenly felt a sense of panic. I quickly finished washing my aching body and went to the bedroom to make a thorough examination. I got the mirror from my suitcase and was shocked by what I saw.
My groin area was covered in deep, small bite marks, from just below my stomach to the inside of my thighs.

I wanted to die. Instantly.

If I had planned on going home and keeping my leap into nastiness and adultery a secret,,,this was a serious wake-up call. These bruises would not quickly disappear. My complexion and their depth would make that impossible.

I suddenly felt as if I had been hit by a train.
I couldn't even cry.

I don't remember packing my suitcases and leaving the cabin.
I do remember seeing my nameless 'lover' getting into his car and driving away.

My tears did not begin to fall until I pulled into the garage of my home.
My husband would be home in 48 hours.
What was I going to do??


Chapter 5,,,Marcus in New York

No comments:

Post a Comment