Sunday, May 12, 2013

"What Mother's Day Means To Me"/ by ~Sammye Kaye~~

I have always been fascinated by clouds, angels and my vision of heaven.
As a little girl, I decided that all babies were patiently waiting with the angels in heaven to choose their parents. I also decided that since I wanted a large family, there had to be at least five or six babies waiting for me to become their mother.

By the time I reached puberty, I figured four children was much more reasonable. I will gladly admit that by the time my son was a year old, the number had dropped to two. Not because he was a difficult child; he was not. He was happy, and had a great personality. The truth is, I realized just how much time and total dedication it would take to be the type of mother I was determined to be.

My son was five years old when my daughter was born. Perfect timing. My son had time to grow into his own person; enjoying the perks of being the first born child, and my daughter would have the opportunity to enjoy the perks of being the baby.

Being a mother to my children is a joy. Even when I want to pinch them, I have the ability to always see their inner child.
 I can read them..
They both have easy smiles, and their laughter can be contagious.
They are both warm, compassionate and positive in their view of life.

I will always be compelled to try and make their lives easier, and void of pain, sadness and disappointment. That is of course out of my realm of control, but thankfully, I can always pray for their health, contentment and priceless peace of mind.

My children's love and respect for me makes everyday feel like 'Mother's Day'.

I can still visualize my children in baby heaven, sitting in the soft fluffy clouds looking down at the people below:

Son: " Look at her. She seems to be very nice, but quiet and a little shy."

Daughter: " I've been watching her. She spends a lot of time by herself reading and writing, or just sitting, with a faraway look in her eyes."

Son: " Well, her house is quite boring. I don't blame her for reading. You do know that she wants lots of children, so perhaps she is thinking of us."

Daughter: "We already know that we are going to the same parents, and I, for one, am not interested in having a lot of siblings. So, you need to convince her that two babies will be quite enough, thank you!"

Son: "  I agree."    " Okay, so have we made our choice?"

Daughter: "Yes. Now don't forget that I am going to be up here waiting. Don't get too comfortable being the only child, and please don't be obnoxious, even at the age of three. I have heard from the other babies, that being three years old can be lots of fun; for the babies. Not so much for the parents!"

Son: " You know what, she almost looks sad doesn't she?"

Daughter: " Yes. I think she really needs us. And look, she already loves us. All that love she has for six kids, she can just give all of it to us. That means you will have to quickly show her how much you love her."

Son: "That will be easy. I want to see her smile. She will need to understand that I accept her, just as she is.  I will take care of her my way; the love of a son."

Daughter: " When I am born, I will take care of her with the love of a daughter."

Daughter: " Do you think there is a real difference?"

Son: " Of course there is a difference, because we are different. Genuine love is genuine love, so she will appreciate our love, because it will always come from our heart."

Daughter: " I think you will be a good big brother."

Son: " And you little one, will be my very special baby sister, however...do you think you will always talk as much as you do now?"

Daughter: " Oh yes!"  And, I will have an extensive vocabulary by the age of two!"
" I might get a little bossy sometimes, but remember that I will always love you, just the way you are." 
Son: "   Oh.... Well, I will have five years of quiet time to prepare for your arrival."

They laugh together.

How blessed I am..




No comments:

Post a Comment