Tuesday, May 28, 2013

'Birthday Thanks For My Daughter',,,By Sammye Kaye

 In less than an hour, it will be 38 years since I experienced the greatest surprise of my life.
Without the benefit of ultra sounds, every birth was a surprise. I always felt that my first born would be a son, so I was almost prepared for his birth.

But honestly, I wanted you to be a girl so much, I spent the entire pregnancy refusing to get my hopes up. I simply chose not to think beyond praying for a healthy baby.

When the doctor told me I had a daughter, I was speechless.
You were beautiful, long, and completely 'filled out'. You had a serious, no nonsense look on your face, very light gray eyes, and a surprising amount of black hair, that disappeared within weeks, and came back golden blond.

Much to my delight, you were born with a strong personality. I knew that I would do whatever was needed to make sure that you would become a strong, confident woman.

You are that woman, and so much more...

Thank you for believing in yourself enough to embrace who you are.

Thank you for believing in me enough to accept me for who I am.

Thank you for trusting yourself enough to be loyal to the ones you love. Many times, your loyalty to your family and friends has left me speechless.

Thank you for not being afraid to live your dream of providing your students with a desire to learn. You take the time to find the keys that will open their minds to accept the knowledge that you make available.

Thank you for loving your work and your students.

Thank you for touching their hearts as well as their minds.

Thank you being a mother who stops whatever she is doing, to listen to her children.
You have chosen your priorities, and you stay true to your values.
They will never question where they 'fit' into your life; they already know.

Thank you for being comfortable in your chosen role as a loving and caring wife.
You understand that the thoughtful deeds you do for your husband does not diminish your strength as woman. You understand that it is often the seemingly 'small' acts of love that are more meaningful.
Thank you for marrying a man who can laugh with you, as you both teach your children exactly what genuine love and respect between a man and a woman looks like.

Thank you for loving your big brother more than he will probably ever understand.

Thank you for being confident and respectful enough to say what you need to say; when you need to say it.

Thank you for understanding the need for growth as your journey continues. You know the importance of seeking God's guidance in your everyday life.

Thank you for your sense of humor.
Your laughter can brighten an entire room.
Your smile generates a sunshine-like warmth that can often be contagious.
Your ability to laugh at yourself, teaches others how to laugh at themselves.

Thank you for loving who you are as a woman and a child of God.
Thank you for being and remaining a humble person..

Thank you for loving me enough to convince me that opening up your home to me, was an easy, and natural decision for you and your family to make.

Thank you for constantly surprising me by how well you know me. I don't have to explain my feelings to you; you just seem to understand.
Thank you being an amazing woman..

Thank you being my beautiful daughter.
My Ladybug..
My Baby...
Happy Birthday!

I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post!!

    My blog here www.IslandChic77.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Your blog is a great source of fashion advice and style. I look forward to enjoying more of your posts..

    ReplyDelete