Monday, January 14, 2013

Birthday Thanks To My Son/ The Perspective of This Mother

When you look in the mirror on the morning of your 43rd birthday, look into your eyes and know that on the morning following your birth, my life changed forever.
Your eyes were the first ones that I ever looked into and felt total acceptance,,of me.
I have never had the words to describe my feelings.
Love in the most basic form..

So what can you give someone who does not really need a traditional 'Birthday Gift'?
I have decided to share with you just a few of your 'gifts' that I am most thankful for...

Thank you,,,,for loving me.

Thank you,,,,for being able to see beneath my surface and understand who I am. How many children fully understand how well they know their parents?

Thank you,,,,for recognizing that " I have always been more than just someones wife and the mother of my children." Your words; not mine.

Thank you,,,,for your total trust and acceptance that my love for you is ,,unconditional and forever.

Thank you,,,,for being a man who embraces all of who he is. You have always known that life was not meant to be lived with a closed mind or restricted vision. You were born a happy baby who loved life. I pray that you always acknowledge and embrace that beautiful little boy whose eyes were always smiling.

Thank you,,,,for managing to be a 6'5'' intelligent, handsome, spiritual, productive man, and still remain humble and compassionate, in a world where compassion is often seen as a weakness. You manage to blend being big and strong with warm, gentle and kind. You will probably never grasp just how well this combination works in your life as well as in the lives of others.

Thank you,,,,for having the fortitude to face the ever present challenges and obstacles of life with the clear understanding that God has always been and will always be your refuge and your strength.

Thank you,,,for being a husband who is not afraid to love his wife in the manner in which she deserves to be loved. You delight in making her life a blessing. She returns your blessing by not only loving you, but genuinely appreciating the man that you are.

Thank you,,,for being an amazing father. One who will listen to his children as he teaches them priceless life lessons. You give your children the very best of who you are; which is the best that any parent can do.

Thank you,,,,for being man enough to realize that life is full of constant changes that must be viewed as opportunities for growth. Without change, there is no growth. Without growth, there is no room for wisdom to become a part of who you are.

Thank you,,,,for loving your 'little sister' with a love that will be forever. The love that you have for each other gives me,,peace.

When I look into your eyes today, I can still see your acceptance,,,and your love
Thank you!..
.
You are one of God's priceless examples of His love for me..

Thank you Ty, for being my son.



1 comment: